Your library offers state-of-the-art databases, providing you with great research options. Whether you're doing personal research, or searching for sources for your doctoral degree, you'll find a wealth of information. Services are provide through EbscoHost, Gale, Marmot, and other third-party providers. When using these resources, you will open a new browser and be taken to your selection.
- This online chat reference service is provided 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by Colorado librarians to answer your information needs.
AUTO REFERENCE CENTER
– contains repair and maintenance information on most major manufacturers of domestic and imported vehicles. New repair procedures, TSBs and updates are added to the product on a regular basis. All of the content in ARRC has been created by ASE certified technicians
BUSINESS & COMPANY ASAP
- This Gale database gives access to business & trade journals, newspapers and company directory profiles to learn about market trends, mergers and acquisitions, current management theory and company overviews.
BUSINESS SOURCE PREMIER
– This Ebsco business research database provides full text for more than 2,300 journals covering all disciplines of business, including marketing, management, MIS, POM, accounting, finance and economics updated daily.
COLORADO HISTORIC NEWSPAPERS COLLECTION
- This collection currently contains more than 500,000 digitized pages, representing 163 individual newspapers published in Colorado from 1859 to 1923. Local papers are THE BRECKENRIDGE BULLETIN, BLUE VALLEY TIMES, MONTEZUMA MILL RUN and SUMMIT COUNTY JOURNAL, which are searchable by keyword.
– Self-help legal information for civil legal matters, where to find low or no-cost legal help, court information and other referral information.
CONSUMER HEALTH COMPLETE – The single most comprehensive resource for consumer-oriented health content, designed to support the information needs of patients, and to foster an overall understanding of health-related topics. Provides content covering all areas of health and wellness from mainstream medicine to the many perspectives of complementary, holistic and integrated medicine.
EXPANDED ACADEMIC ASAP
– From arts and humanities to social sciences, science and technology this Gale database meets research needs across all academic disciplines. Access scholarly journals, newspapers and news magazines.
GALE VIRTUAL REFERENCE LIBRARY
– This is a database of encyclopedias and specialized reference sources for multidisciplinary research available from your home 24/7.
GENERAL REFERENCE CENTER
– This Gale database is a source for articles from magazines, reference books and newspapers on current events, popular culture, the arts and sciences, sports, hobbies and more.
- This Ebsco database covers well-researched information covering all aspects of human impact to the environment. Its collection of scholarly, government and general interest titles includes content on global warming, green building, pollution, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, recycling and more.
HEALTH & WELLNESS RESOURCE CENTER
– This Gale database provides instant access to carefully compiled and trusted medical reference materials, includes nearly 400 health/medical journals, hundreds of pamphlets, over 700 health-related videos from partner Healthology, Inc. and articles from 2,200 general interest publications in addition to a broad collection of Gale reference titles.
HISTORY REFERENCE CENTER
– is the world’s most comprehensive full text history reference database designed for secondary schools, public libraries, junior/community colleges and undergraduate research. The database features full text for more than 1,990 reference books, encyclopedias and non-fiction books from leading history publishers
LEGAL INFORMATION REFERENCE CENTER
KIDSEARCH – MIDDLE AND ELEMENTARY STUDENTS
– This Ebsco database allows students to search by topic in magazines, newspapers, books & encyclopedias, biographies, radio & TV transcripts, Country, State & Province reports, Primary Source Documents, and Photos, Maps & Flags.
– This database contains hundreds of full-text publications and thousands of legal forms. The full-text legal reference books are provided through Nolo, the nation’s oldest and most-respected provider of legal information for consumers and small businesses
MAS ULTRA – SCHOOL EDITION
– This Ebsco database designed especially for high school students contains full text for nearly 500 popular, high school magazines, more than 360 full text reference books, 85,670 biographies, 105,786 primary source documents and a collection of photos, maps and flags.
MASTER FILE PREMIER
– This Ebsco database designed for public libraries contains nearly 1700 general reference publications with full text information dating back to 1975, covering nearly every subject area of general interest. Contains full text for nearly 500 reference books, over 164,400 primary source documents and a collection of 502,000 photos, maps & flags.
MIDDLE SEARCH PLUS
- This Ebsco database provides full text for more than 140 popular middle school magazines. Full text is also available for thousands of biographies and historical essays.
– This Ebsco database provides cover-to-cover full text for more than 40 (U.S.) & international newspapers, plus selectve full text for 389 regional (U.S.) newspapers. In addition, full text television & radio news transcripts provided.
NOVELIST K-8 PLUS
– Gives children and middle school students ability to search for books in a series, info on their favorite authors, other books they might like to read by using keywords to describe their favorite books.
- Allows adults to search for their favorite authors, find author read-alikes, Book Discussion Guides, Award Winning books and more!
POINTS OF VIEW REFERENCE CENTER– A full-text database designed to provide students with a series of essays that present multiple sides of a current issue. The database provides more than 290 topics, each with an overview (objective background/description), point (argument), counterpoint (opposing argument), and Critical Thinking Guide.
– This Ebsco database provides full text for more than 70 popular magazines for elementary school research, all articles assigned a reading level indicator, full text info dates back to 1990.
PSYCHOLOGY AND BEHAVIORIAL SCIENCES COLLECTION – A comprehensive database covering information concerning topics in emotional and behavioral characteristics, psychiatry & psychology, mental processes, anthropology, and observational & experimental methods.
REGIONAL BUSINESS NEWS
– This Ebsco database provides full text coverage for more than 80 regional business publications covering all metropolitan and rural areas within the United States.
SCIENCE REFERENCE CENTER – Database that provides easy access to a multitude of full-text science-oriented content. Designed to meet every student’s science research needs, Science Reference Center contains full text for hundreds of science encyclopedias, reference books, periodicals and other sources.
SEARCHASAURUS – ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
– This Ebsco database helps elementary students search by topic to find information on animals, art & music, health, history, people & places, science & math, sports and stories.
SUMMIT COUNTY LIBRARY ONLINE CATALOG
– This database allows you to search the library's holdings for books, eBooks, digital records, images, periodicals and more, plus search the entire Marmot database of materials for 18 libraries.
STUDENT RESEARCH CENTER
– HIGH SCHOOL & MIDDLE SCHOOL – This Ebsco database allows students to research magazines, newspapers, books & encyclopedias, biographies, radio & TV transcripts, Country Reports, State & Province Reports, Primary Source Documents and Photos, Maps & Flags on topics from arts & media to technology.
– This Ebsco database provides full text for over 60,000 articles from 390 diverse sources including international and regional newspapers, periodicals, biographies, public opinion polls, book reviews, pamphlets and government information.