2021 Summer Reading Program
June 7 - July 31
Pre-Registration starts June 1
Click the links at the top of the page to go to the Children, Teen and Adult specific information.
Track your reading using the Beanstack website or download Beanstack Tracker mobile app. (Google Play / iTunes/App Store)
New users: Parents will be the adult creator who will sign up the whole family. Each family member will be a 'reader' who can track their own progress in different challenges.
Returning users: update your account info or recover your password anytime.
Schedule of Special Events on Mondays:
11am @ North Branch in Silverthorne/ 1pm @ Main Library in Frisco/ 3pm @ South Branch in Breckenridge
Events will be outside. Performers are geared toward K-5th graders.
Click the links for additional information.
June 7: Magician Ann Lincoln
June 14: Summit County Animal Shelter "Working Dogs"
June 21: Sensational Sharks with the Denver Aquarium Virtual (*Special Times:10am, 12pm and 3pm)
June 28: Friends of the Dillon Ranger District
Tuesday, July 6: Yoga with Dari
July 12: Cheyenne Mountain Zoo Virtual
Tuesday, July 13: National Repertory Orchestra (*Special Times:10am, 12:30pm and 3pm)
July 19: Denise Gard and her Border Collies
July 26: Nature's Educators
July 31: LAPS 4K Walk (Optional)
Watch this video to get excited about Summer Reading 2021:
Birth to Pre-K Summer Reading Challenge:
Even our youngest library users are encouraged to participate in Summer Reading... reading to a child or listening to an audiobook counts! For our birth to pre-k children, we encourage you to register for 1000 Books Before Kindergarten. For each 100 books you read to your child, they will receive a free book and button. Collect all 10 buttons in order to 'graduate' from 1000 Books before Kindergarten.
Preschool Summer Program Schedule:
- Little Zoologists Preschool Storytime will be outside at 10:30am on Tuesdays at North Branch, South Branch and Main Library. No registration required.
- Little Readers Baby Storytime will be inside at 10:00am on Wednesdays at North Branch only. No registration required. Infant - 2.5
Children's Summer Reading Challenge
Grades K - 5
Children are invited to participate in our Summer Reading Program by tracking the minutes they read or are read to! Log your reading on our reading challenge software Beanstack to earn badges & win prizes.
5 hours of reading earns you one free book and an entry into the grand prize drawing. The grand prize drawing will take place in August. To complete the summer reading challenge, unlock four virtual badges on Beanstack, a total of 20 hours of reading. You will earn a gift card for a sweet treat and a certificate of completion. Happy reading!
Are you a super reader? Do you want more chances to win the grand prize? Just keep reading and logging your minutes. The more badges you unlock, the more chances you get to win prizes.
Children K - 5 Summer Program Schedule:
- Junior Programs for K-5th graders will be outside at 10:30am on Wednesdays at North Branch, South Branch and Main Library. Activities will be a mix of STEAM, arts, craft and science activities. Registration is required on SignUpGenius Main, North or South a week in advance.
- Read to a Dog will be 15 minute time slots outside from 11:30am - 12:30pm on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at North Branch and South Branch. Call or stop by the library to register.
- Family Program: Summit Lost Pet Rescue Presents: How We Rescue Pets! Saturday, June 17 at 10am at the North Branch in Silverthorne
Teen Summer Reading Challenge
Grades 6th -12th
Log your reading through July 31 to earn virtual badges on Beanstack & YA book prizes! Complete the reading challenge by unlocking 4 badges, a total of 32 hours of reading. By completing Summer Reading you will earn a gift card to a local coffee shop and a completion certificate.
You will also receive virtual tickets for each virtual badge you unlock, that you will use to enter into the grand prize drawing, to be conducted at the end of the summer. These include lots of fun activities; Copper Adventure Park Passes, Breck Create gift certificate, Frisco Adventure Park tubing, Lake Dillon Theatre tickets and more!
Want to increase your chances for a grand prize? Keep reading. The more hours you log the more tickets you get.
To volunteer to help with Summer Reading program, please contact, Katie @ North Branch, Marissa @ Main Library, or Megan @ South Branch.
Teen 6-12th Summer Programs:
We will have Tails and Tales-themed month long contests, crafts, and activities for teens this summer!
- Enter our Haiku contest for a chance to win a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place prize.
- Enjoy our June Take and Make craft; Shrinky Dinks.
- Try our Fantastic Beasts Scavenger Hunt at North and South Branch.
- Participate in our Art and Photography contest. All entries will be showcased at the North Branch Library in Silverthorne in the beginning of August, and winners will be selected by both local artists and by public vote.
- Enjoy our July Take and Make craft; Melted Crayon Bear Wall Art
- Try our Choose Your Own Adventure Activity at North and South.
Adult Summer Reading Challenge
June 7 - July 31
Summer Reading Program is not just for kids! Read books and participate in activities to win prizes. Complete a combination of any 8 virtual badges using our Beanstack software; either read/listen to books and write reviews or finish fun tasks.
Earn a Friends of the Library book buck for every 2 books you read. By completing the Summer Reading challenge, you will receive special library swag. You will also receive virtual tickets for each Beanstack badge you unlock, that you can enter into the grand prize drawing, to be conducted in August. These include tons of fun activities; Nordic Center passes, Kayaking and SUP rentals, Lake Dillon Theatre tickets and more!
- Community Yoga with Building Hope | Tuesday, June 29 and August 31 | 5:30-6:45pm (Outdoor Reading Deck)
- Thursday Lecture Series | Thursdays, June 17, July 1, July 15, and July 29 | 5-6:30pm (Hopefull/Discovery Room)
- Music on the Deck | Friday, June 11 5-7pm and Friday, August 13 | 5:30-7pm (Outdoor Reading Deck)
- Adult Saturday Morning Programs | Saturdays, June 12 (8am), June 26, July 10, July 24 |10am-12pm (Outdoor Reading Deck, Registration Required)
Learn more on our calendar here.
Thank You to our Community Partners!