Curbside Hold Pickup Service
Monday - Friday
9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Main Library in Frisco: 970-668-4138
North Branch in Silverthorne: 970-668-4280
South Branch in Breckenridge: 970-453-3544
We are excited to offer curbside hold pickup service for patrons at all Summit County Library Locations!
To take advantage of this service:
- Place items that are available at your local branches on hold using the Summit County Library catalog or by calling your local library branch.
(Please Note: You are now able to request items from libraries throughout the state in the Marmot Library System)
2. When you arrive to pick up your holds, pull into the area with a table designated for Curbside Pickup. (South Branch -South Side book drop entrance, North Branch - In front of building, Main Library - by delivery only sign to the left of the bookdrop)
3. Call the phone number on the Curbside Pickup sign to let us know you have arrived and have your Library card number ready.
You may now return all materials in the outside dropbox at each location. Per state and Summit County Public Health guidelines, we are practicing social distancing with each other and with patrons.
I got books and DVDs from curbside-pickup at the library – should I sanitize them?
The Library is taking extra precautions to ensure the safety of their employees and patrons, and have implemented the following procedures: staff wear gloves to process materials, they disinfect the book drop and other processing areas, washing hands immediately after handling materials and after removing gloves, and sanitize the covers/outside cases of all materials. As an additional precaution, all materials that are returned to the library are “quarantined” for 3 days before being processed.
As always, you should wash your hands after handling an item and make sure not to touch your face. If you are touching the book or item frequently, and it will not cause any damage, you can wipe down the cover or the outside case with a disinfectant wipe.
An additional option for patrons who do not want to check out physical materials is to access Summit County Library’s large collection of ebooks and other materials for digital download.
What is social distancing?
Social distancing means deliberately increasing the physical space between people to avoid spreading illness. This applies to everyone, including children. A few best practices for social distancing include:
- Stay at least six feet from others (even in groups of less than 10)
- Do not hug or high-five – wave to each other instead
- Do not gather in groups of more than 10 people – and still honor the six foot rule in these small groups
- Work from home
- Use electronic devices to visit family or friends instead of in-person
- Sit outside or go on a walk, bike ride or hike – just keep the six-foot distance from others in mind
We are staffing the buildings Monday - Friday from 9am - 5pm to assist patrons with questions. Starting Monday, July 13th we will be offering Grab and Go service.