Grab-and-Go Service: What to Know Before Visiting the Library
Starting Monday, July 13th, Summit County Library will be open for Grab-and-Go Service
Summit County Library has been diligently working on expanding services in our library locations guided by information from local health officials and direction from Summit County Government. Thank you for your patience, suggestions and support while we have been closed!
The Summit County Library has been approved to reopen with the modified hours of Monday-Thursday 9am-6pm and Friday - Saturday 9am - 5pm. New capacity limits will be enforced at each location, and when capacity is reached, patrons will need to wait outside until others are ready to leave following their 1 hour visit. Visitors are welcome to use the computers (no appointment needed), print/copy, browse the stacks or pick up materials on hold.
- Please don’t come in if you or anyone in your household are experiencing any COVID symptoms.
- Please wear a face covering the entire time you are in the library.
- Please sign in and out with a staff member upon entering the library. Please be patient as you may be asked to wait or return at a later time.
- Practice social distancing of 6 ft. with other patrons and staff.
- Frequent hand washing or use of hand sanitizer is encouraged.
- Curbside pick-up is still available.
- Computer appointments are no longer necessary and are first come, first served at all 3 locations.
- We ask that you keep your visit to one a day and only bring items into the library that are necessary for your session.
Monday - Thursday
9:00am - 6:00pm
9:00am - 5:00pm
Materials reserved on-line or by phone will still be available for curbside pickup, Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm. Call your library when you are in the parking lot and we will check out and bring your items out to you.
Returned Materials & Donations
- Please return all materials in the outside dropbox at each location.
- Returned items will reenter circulation after 24 hours. It may take up to 48 hours for your items to clear from your account.
Please visit our Material Donations page for information about what and when donations can be made.
What is the library is doing to help prevent the spread of COVID-19?
- Face coverings or masks are required for all patrons and staff to enter all libraries. (If you do not have one, SCL can provide you with a mask. Some exemptions do apply, such as for those under the age of 2.)
- New capacity limits will be enforced at each location, and when capacity is reached, patrons will need to wait outside until others are ready to leave following their 1 hour visit. The number of patrons inside will be monitored at all times.
- Staff will regularly sanitize frequently touched items like handles, counters, copiers, study rooms and computers.
- All copiers, and computers will be self-service only; staff can only offer assistance at service desks, behind a protective shield.
- Some computers will not be available as we encourage patrons and staff to remain six feet apart in our computer areas.
- Other items and areas that will remain temporarily unavailable or closed to the public: Certain furniture, children’s play areas, meeting rooms.
- View our calendar to find out what programs are being offered.
- If you prefer to access the Library from the comfort of your own home, you can continue to reach our digital collection and databases 24/7 with a Summit County Library Card.
- Check out our new resources: Newsbank, CreativeBug and UniversalClass!
- Free Wi-Fi will continue to be available and accessible outside our buildings.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and patrons with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By visiting Summit County Libraries you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. Equipment is not disinfected in between each use. We encourage personal responsibility to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Currently, we will be staffing the buildings Monday - Thursday 9am - 6pm and Friday-Saturday 9am-6pm to assist patrons as best we can. You can call your local library branch or email: email@example.com