New! Curbside Hold Pickup Service
Starting Tuesday, March 24, we are excited to offer curbside hold pickup service for patrons at all Summit County Library Locations! This is a new service for us and we will make adjustments as we go. We appreciate your patience at this time.
To take advantage of this service:
- Place items that are available at your local branches on hold using the Summit County Library catalog or by calling your local library branch.
(Please Note: Ideally you should only reserve items available at your local library branch i.e. "on shelf". We cannot predict when or if other libraries will be sending items to us.)
2. When you arrive to pick up your holds, pull into the area with a table designated for Curbside Pickup. (South Branch -South Side book drop entrance, North Branch - In front of building, Main Library - by delivery only sign past bookdrop)
3. Call the phone number on the Curbside Pickup sign to let us know you have arrived and have your Library card number ready.
You may now return all materials in the outside dropbox at each location. Per state and Summit County Public Health guidelines, we are practicing social distancing with each other and with patrons.
What is social distancing?
Social distancing means deliberately increasing the physical space between people to avoid spreading illness. This applies to everyone, including children. A few best practices for social distancing include:
- Stay at least six feet from others (even in groups of less than 10)
- Do not hug or high-five – wave to each other instead
- Do not gather in groups of more than 10 people – and still honor the six foot rule in these small groups
- Work from home
- Use electronic devices to visit family or friends instead of in-person
- Sit outside or go on a walk, bike ride or hike – just keep the six-foot distance from others in mind
Starting Monday, March 23, we will be staffing the buildings Monday - Friday from 9am - 5pm to assist patrons as best we can.