Introducing: Unlimited Access to The New York Times!
The perks of being a Summit County Library member just got better!
You now have unlimited access to The New York Times online through the library. You can:
- Read digital articles from 1851-1923, and 1980-today
- Access Spanish and Chinese language editions of the Times
- Watch videos and listen to podcasts
- Personalize your account settings and features
- Receive email newsletters and notifications on your phone, including the Morning and Evening Briefing
- Utilize The New York Times mobile apps for phones and tablets
- Explore education resources like Learning Network, including Lesson Plans for teachers
- Take advantage of closed captioning, audio podcasts, increased type size, and more accessibility features
How it works
There are two ways you can access The New York Times. Both require you make an account at NYTimes.com/register.
Access The New York Times remotely
With your Summit County Library account, you can access The New York Times content remotely from your home computer, laptop, phone, or tablet.
- Visit summitcountylibraries.org
- Go to the Find It tab on the top menu bar
- Click Downloadables from the drop-down menu
- Scroll down until you find The New York Times remote access button
- You’ll be redirected to a new page to redeem your 72-hour digital access code
- Click the Redeem button
- Log in or create a New York Times account
- Read away!
Once you’ve redeemed your remote access code through the library website, you can use your New York Times login information to access content on any device.
You may continue renewing your access every 72 hours, as many times as you wish. There are no limits!
Note: If you are already a digital subscriber, you will not be able to use the library’s access code.
In a hurry? Click the link below to get started:
If you have any questions, give us a call at:
Main Library – (970) 668-4138
North Branch – (970) 668-4280
South Branch – (970) 453-3544
Make a Computer Appointment to use the public computers at our North or South locations
Accessing The New York Times from a Summit County Library computer is easy!