2023 Summer Reading Program
June 5 - August 5
Click the links at the top of the page to go to the Juniors, Teen and Adult specific information.
Track your reading using the Beanstack website or download Beanstack Tracker mobile app. (Google Play / iTunes/App Store)
New users: Parents will be the adult creator who will sign up the whole family. Each family member will be a 'reader' who can track their own progress in different challenges.
Returning users: update your account info or recover your password anytime.
Learn How to Register on Beanstack
Performers are geared toward K-5th graders.
Summer Reading Kick-Off
Monday, June 5: 10:30am @ South Branch with Jeff and Paige
Tuesday, June 6: 10:30am @ Main Library with Jeff and Paige
Tuesday, June 6: 3:30pm @ Bluebird Market with Jeff and Paige
10:30am @ Main Library in Frisco/ 1:30pm @ South Branch in Breckenridge / 3:30pm @ Bluebird Market in Silverthorne
June 20: The Claim Jumpers Jump Rope Team
July 11: National Repertory Orchestra
July 25: Kids House of Joy
*New: Summer Block Parties
Saturday, June 3
Summer Reading Kickoff @ Bluebird Market in Silverthorne
10am-5pm featuring Denver Museum of Nature & Science Curiosity Cruiser
Friday, July 7
Mid-Summer Festival @ South Branch in Breckenridge
11am featuring Salida Circus
10am - 4pm: All Ages Sidewalk Chalk Festival
10am-1pm Cotton Candy Science
Friday, July 28
End of Summer Celebration @ Main Library in Frisco
11am with Steve Weeks
10am-1pm Cotton Candy Science
Birth to Pre-K Summer Reading Challenge:
1000 Books Before Kindergarten
Even our youngest library users are encouraged to participate in Summer Reading... reading to a child or listening to an audiobook counts! For our birth to pre-k children, we encourage you to register for 1000 Books Before Kindergarten. For each 100 books you read to your child, they will receive a free book and button. Collect all 10 buttons in order to 'graduate' from 1000 Books before Kindergarten.
Preschool Summer Program Schedule:
- Little Readers: Baby Storytime at 10:30am @ Main Library, Frisco
Tuesdays, June 13, 27 and July18 at Main Library. No registration required. Infant - 2.5
- Preschool Storytime will be outside at 10:30am on Wednesdays @ all 3 libraries. No registration required.
- Special Visitors:
- Music with Randall @ South Branch on June 7
- Music with Randall @ Main Library on June 14
- Music with Randall @ North Branch on June 21
- Yoga with Dari @ South Branch on July 5
- Yoga with Dari @ Main Library on July 12
- Special Visitors:
Junior Summer Reading Challenge
Grades K - 5
Juniors are invited to participate in our Summer Reading Program by tracking the minutes they read or are read to! Log your reading on our reading challenge software Beanstack to earn badges & win prizes.
5 hours of reading earns you one free book and a virtual ticket you will need to enter into the grand prize drawing of your choice. The drawing will take place in August. To complete the summer reading challenge, unlock four virtual badges on Beanstack, a total of 20 hours of reading. You will earn a gift card for a sweet treat and a certificate of completion. Happy reading!
Are you a super reader? Do you want more chances to win the grand prize? Just keep reading and logging your minutes. The more badges you unlock, the more chances you get to win prizes.
Junior K - 5 Summer Program Schedule
- Junior Programs for K-5th graders will on Thursdays at 10:30am at South Branch, Main Library & Bluebird Market. Activities will be a mix of STEAM, arts, craft and science activities.
- Registration is required on SignUpGenius a week in advance: Main, South and Bluebird Market
- Rocky Mountain Readers for 3-5th will be Wednesdays at 10:30 @ South Branch in June and July.
Read an assigned book ahead of time and come ready to talk and craft. Register here.
Read to a Dog @ South Branch, Main Library & Bluebird Market will be Thursdays from 11:30am - 12:30pm. Register here.
- Read to a Mermaid @ South Branch will be Mondays from 3 - 4:30pm in the Junior Room. Register here.
- Read to a Cat @ South Branch will be Tuesdays from 11:30am - 12:30pm on June 28, July 19 & 26. Register here.
- Beginner Computer Animation for ages 8-10 at South Branch in Breckenridge on . Learn basic animation skills this summer using Scratch programming with instructor Kathy Childs. In this 8 week session is on Wednesdays from 3-4pm (June 6-July 25). You will learn to create custom animations for holiday cards, animated stories, and games! Register Here.
Teen Summer Reading Challenge
Grades 6th -12th
Log your reading through August 6 to earn virtual badges on Beanstack & YA book prizes! Complete the reading challenge by unlocking 4 badges, a total of 32 hours of reading. By completing Summer Reading you will earn a gift card to a local coffee shop and a completion certificate.
You will receive virtual tickets for each badge you unlock that you will use to enter into the grand prize drawing, to be conducted at the end of the summer. These include lots of fun activities; Bowling, Breck Epic Discovery, Copper Adventure Park Passes, tubing, theatre tickets and more!
Want to increase your chances for a grand prize? Keep reading. The more hours you log the more tickets you get.
Summer Reading Facilitator Volunteer Program:
To volunteer to help with Summer Reading program, please contact, Eili @ Main Library, Christina @ Bluebird or Shayne @ South Branch.
Summer Contests and Workshops:
June 1 - 30: Participate in our Photography contest for a chance to win a 1st place prize. Photos will be displayed at South Branch and the Main Library in July. One winner will be selected in August based on public voting .
June 16 - Photography Workshop: 4pm South Branch Library, Breck
June 23 - Photography Workshop: 3pm Main Library, Frisco
July 1 - 31: Enter our Writing Contest for a chance to win a 1st place prize. One winner will be selected in August.
July 14 - Writing Workshops: 4pm Main Library, Frisco & South Branch, Breck
July 28 - Volunteer Appreciation Party @ Elevation Bowl: 4pm
Adult Summer Reading Challenge
June 5 - August 5
Summer Reading Program is not just for kids! Read books and participate in activities to win prizes. Complete a combination of any 8 virtual badges using our Beanstack software; either read/listen to books and write reviews or finish fun tasks.
Earn a Friends of the Library book buck for every 2 books you read. By completing the Summer Reading challenge, you will receive a gift card to a local coffee shop. You will also receive virtual tickets for each Beanstack badge you unlock, that you can enter into the grand prize drawing, to be conducted in August. These include tons of fun activities; a Massage, Nordic Center passes, Kayaking and SUP rentals, Lake Dillon Theatre tickets and more!
- Tuesday Night Trivias| Tuesdays, June & July | 6-8pm
- Spelling Bee| Wednesday, June 7 & July 5 | 6:30pm - 8pm
- Canvas Painting | Saturdays, June 11 & July 16 | 11 am - 12pm (South Branch Library Outdoor Reading Deck)
- Cookbook Club| Tuesdays, June 14 & July 12 | 5 - 6:30pm (South Branch Library Hopefull/Discovery Room)
- Banned Book Club
- Fantastic Worlds and Where to Find them bookClub
- Critical Hits Video Game Club| Tuesdays, June 28 & July 26 | 6:30 - 8pm (Broken Compass Brewery Main Street)
- Wine and True Crime | Wednesdays, June 22 & July 20 | 6:30 - 8pm (Olli's Pub and Grub)
- Lunchtime Lectures with Frisco Historic Park | Wednesdays, June - August | 12 - 1pm (Frisco Historic Park)
- Music on the Deck | Rocky Mountain Brass - Friday, July 1 | 5:30 pm
- The Pine Beatles - Friday, August 12 | 5:30 pm (South Branch Library Outdoor Reading Deck)
Thank You to our Community Partners!