Curbside Pickup and In-Person Visits by Appointment Continues through May 24
Summit County Library is open by appointment only.
Until we are in Level Green in Summit County, we encourage you to use our curbside pickup service. It takes three easy steps.
1. Place a HOLD on your item via the online library catalog. You will be notified by email or text when the item is available for pickup. This may take a few days.
2. From the parking lot, call the library front desk and give your Summit County Library card number.
3. Library staff will check out your items and bring your books/DVDS/magazines to the outside pickup point for you to grab.
If you must come into a library to print, copy, or browse the stacks, we will now offer 45 minute appointments at the top of each hour. Please call your local library in advance to schedule an appointment and be let in to the building. You can schedule one appointment a day, up to one day in advance.
Click these links to access our phone numbers:
Main Library in Frisco
South Branch in Breckenridge
North Branch in Silverthorne
Capacity limits will be enforced at each location, and when capacity is reached, patrons will need to schedule another appointment time. Our hours will remain the same. We would prefer you schedule an appointment at the top of the hour. If that is not possible, please call and we will see if we can accomodate you at another time.
- Please don’t come in if you or anyone in your household are experiencing any COVID symptoms.
- Please do not visit the library if you are under quarantine or isolation orders.
- Please wear a face covering over your nose and mouth the entire time you are in the library.
- You will need to sign in and out with a staff member.
- Practice social distancing of 6 ft. with staff and other patrons.
- All copiers, and computers will be self-service only; staff can only offer assistance from the service desk, behind a protective shield.
- Frequent hand washing or use of hand sanitizer is encouraged.
- Curbside pick-up is still available.
- We ask that you keep your visit to one a day.
Monday - Thursday
9:00am - 6:00pm
9:00am - 5:00pm
Materials reserved on-line or by phone will still be available for curbside pickup, Monday-Saturday, 9am-5pm. Call your library when you are in the parking lot and we will check out and bring your items out to you. *You are welcome to ask the librarians to pick out materials based on you or your children's interests.
Returned Materials & Donations
- Please return all materials in the outside dropbox at each location.
- Please hold onto your materials if you have COVID. We are happy to renew library materials for you over the phone.
The North Branch in Silverthorne and the South Branch in Breckenridge are accepting donations.
What is the library is doing to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Face coverings or masks are required for all patrons and staff to enter all libraries. (If you do not have one, SCL can provide you with a mask. Some exemptions do apply, such as for those under the age of 2.)
- Capacity limits will be enforced at each location, and when capacity is reached, patrons will need to schedule another appointment time.The number of patrons inside will be monitored at all times.
- Staff will regularly sanitize frequently touched items like handles, counters, copiers, study rooms and computers.
- All copiers, and computers will be self-service only; staff can only offer assistance from the service desks, behind a protective shield.
- Some computers will not be available as we encourage patrons and staff to remain six feet apart in our computer areas.
- Other items and areas that will remain temporarily unavailable or closed to the public: Certain furniture, children’s play areas, meeting rooms.
- View our calendar to find out what programs are being offered.
- If you prefer to access the Library from the comfort of your own home, you can continue to reach our digital collection and databases 24/7 with a Summit County Library Card.
- Check out our new resources: Hoopla and BookFlix
- Free Wi-Fi will continue to be available and accessible outside our buildings.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and patrons with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By visiting Summit County Libraries you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. Equipment is not disinfected in between each use. We encourage personal responsibility to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
We will be staffing the buildings Monday - Thursday 9am - 6pm and Friday-Saturday 9am-5pm to assist patrons as best we can. You can call your local library branch or email: email@example.com