North Branch in Silverthorne moves into Bluebird Market on Tuesday, July 12
The Summit County North Branch Library located at 651 Center Circle will be undergoing an expansion and renovation beginning this summer and continuing through 2023. The current library space will close Monday, July 11 and a temporary library will be set up, opening July 12 at 10am, in a retail space inside the new Bluebird Market Hall (325 Blue River Pkwy, Silverthorne, CO) to serve the public during that time.
“As services, programming, and technology adapt and evolve, our libraries must follow suit,” says Library Director Stephanie Ralph. “We plan to create a brighter, more open, and user-friendly space that highlights our proximity to the Blue River at the North Branch in Silverthorne.”
Some of the planned updates to the current library include:
- Expanded children’s space for collection, computers, reading and programming
- Additional adult seating for working remotely, studying, and reading
- Renovated meeting rooms for programs and community rental
- A teen room with study area
- Outdoor decks to enjoy the view of the Blue River
In preparation for the construction, the North Branch Library will close to the public Monday, July 11. Beginning Tuesday, July 12, the library will reopen and operate out of a temporary satellite location in the Bluebird Market (325 Blue River Pkwy, Silverthorne).
The mini-library, located upstairs in a retail space, will offer:
- 15-minute computer sessions with printing
- Hold Pickup
- Book returns (The bookdrop at Bluebird will be located outside on the sidewalk, next to the south entrance on 3rd Street - Between the Colorado Market and The Lucky Bird.)
- Programs for Adults and Children
- A section of new books for all ages
- A Friends of the Library Used book Sale
“We are grateful to be able to continue offering services to the public, in Silverthorne at a vibrant community space, during this renovation,” says Branch Manager Katie Koop. “And we can’t wait to welcome patrons back into a beautiful, updated library building in 2023.”
The new Bluebird Market Satellite Library will be open:
Tuesday - Thursday, 10 AM- 6 PM
Fridays & Saturdays, 10 AM- 5 PM
Closed Sundays & Mondays
For more information on the Library Foundation Capital Campaign, including Naming opportunities at the North Branch Library, visit www.summitlibraryexpansion.com.