Volunteers are needed at each library on a consistent basis. Friends of the Summit County Library and each location have tasks needing completion. If you would like to volunteer here are examples of tasks you could be asked to do:
- Shelving materials
- Sorting donations
- Preparing crafts for preschool story time
- Keeping the books in order on the shelves
- Delivery of materials to homebound individuals
- Assist with the book sale events
- Bake goods for the December book and bake sale
- Sort and set aside books for sales
- Set aside regional and special/newer books for other non-profit organizations' silent auctions
- Keep the libraries' book sale shelves stocked and organized
- Distributing fliers for Friends events and book sales
Summer volunteers are most needed during the week to help with the summer reading program for younger children but other volunteer opportunities and times may be available.
Please call your local library to offer your assistance!