1000 Books Before Kindergarten Starts Jan. 6th!
Welcome to 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten at the Summit County Libraries!
The program is simple and the rewards are priceless:
- Develop your child’s love of reading at a young age.
- Bond with your child as you read together.
- Teach your child about the library and the joy of books.
- Prepare your child for one of life’s biggest milestones: learning to read!
The goal is simple. Read 1,000 books before your child starts Kindergarten. You can read any book and yes, you can repeat your child’s favorite books.
If you read just 1 book a day for 3 years, you’ll have read 1,000 books.
If you read 3 books a day for 1 year, you’ll have read 1,000 books.
To get started:
- Register at your local library or online using our free Beanstack app.
- Keep track of the books you read using the Beanstack app or a reading log coloring sheet.
- Include any and all books read to your child by caregivers, siblings, grandparents, preschool teachers, or story time at the library.
- For every 100 books read, bring your child to the library to receive a reading reward and a free book.
- Celebrate with your child at our annual graduation celebration when they complete 1,000 books!
- And don’t forget to sign your child up for their very own Youth Library Card! Find an application here.
For questions, call your local branch or email us at [email protected]