2023 Peeps Diorama Contest
Hey Literary Peeps! In the spirit of The Washington Post and Bud Werner Memorial Library's annual Peep diorama contests, Summit County Library is hosting our first book-inspired peeps diorama competition.
How to Participate
- This is an all-ages event! Imagine a book or literary scene in peeps. Then sketch some ideas -- and we strongly encourage puns in diorama concepts and titles.
- Stop by any of our three library locations and pick up a pack-of-peeps starter kit, available for all you Book Peeps, while supplies last. (1 pack per family please)
- Make your diorama using a shoe box or comparable item of reasonable size. Your diorama must be transportable to the library by one person. Melt, mold and manipulate those fluffy chicks and bunnies to bring your creative vision to life. If you don’t know how to make a diorama, Google “how to make a diorama.”
- Deliver your diorama to the Main Library or South Branch Circulation Desk, including your contact info (phone number and email), name of the diorama, and the names and ages of anybody who contributed to the diorama, attached to it.
Deadline for submissions
- The deadline for submissions is 5 p.m. on Saturday, April 15.
- Deliver your diorama to the Main Library or South Branch Library circulation desk, including your contact info (phone number and email), and the names and ages of those who contributed to the diorama, attached to it.
Peeps Show at the Library
Dioramas will be displayed at the South Branch Library in Breckenridge and the Main Library in Frisco from Monday, April 3 through Saturday, April 22.
Peep-le's Choice Awards
You'll also be able to vote for the Peep-le's Choice Awards. Voting in-person will begin on Monday, April 17 with one vote in each category. Voting closes at 5 p.m. on Saturday, April 22.
Based on community voting, we'll be awarding Peep-le's Choice Awards (local gift cards) in the following categories:
- Kids: Ages 0-17
- Adult: Age 18+
Winners will be announced Monday, April 24th.