Digital Magazines now on Libby
Do you love reading magazines but feel stressed out by unread subscriptions piling up? We have the perfect solution! With your Summit County library card, you can access over 3,000 digital magazines through Libby by Overdrive.
eMagazines through the Libby app will replace RB Digital, so you will now be able to access eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines all in one place. If you previously used RB Digital, you can continue to access magazines there until March 31. However, after March 31, you will use the Libby app.
Learn more about Libby by Overdrive and get help here.
The best part: Digital magazines have no holds and no limits!
Here’s how it works:
- Go to summitcountylibraries.org and click “Find It”
- Click Newspapers & Magazines under “Stream and Download”
- Scroll to Libby by Overdrive.
- Create an account on Libby by searching for Summit County Library/Marmot Library Network. You will need your Summit County library card number.
- Choose Preferences - Format -Magazines.
- Find a magazine and click the “Borrow” icon.
- Click the “Open in Libby” button from your shelf to begin reading!
Your eMagazine will have a 2 week checkout. *Unlike RBDigital there is a checkout period, but this prevents the storage on your device from being filled by past magazine issues.
All magazines are available as simultaneous use without circulation caps.
You can check out magazines directly through the app and even enable offline access so you can read wherever you go.
Why try online magazines?
- Expanded variety of content
- Available in a variety of languages including Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Italian, German, French, and more
- No circulation cap
- One seamless experience for users
- Magazines don’t count towards checkout limits
- Libby’s special article view and thumbnail view for magazine titles.
Some of our most popular magazines include:
- The Economist
- Us Weekly
- 5280 Magazine
- The New Yorker
- National Geographic
- Bon Appetit
If you still prefer flipping through a glossy magazine, we have you covered. Each of our three locations has print magazines available for browsing and monthly magazines are available for checkout.
Last but not least
If you don’t see a magazine that is one of your favorites to read, feel free to email Rebeeca with your suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.