Have you tried Libby?
Libby is an innovative mobile app from OverDrive designed to make borrowing and enjoying eBooks and eAudiobooks from the library easier than ever! If you would like a simplified and more personalized app for reading, then Libby may be right for you. Getting started is easy—all you need is the Libby app and your library card. Libby features a built-in ebook reader and audiobook player, or books can be set up to be sent to your Kindle automatically.
Step 1 - Download the Libby app from your device's app store.
Step 2 - Open the app and find your library. You can find us by searching for “Summit County Library” or using your zip code. Select Marmot Library Network, Summit County Library in Frisco, CO.
Step 3 - Browse your library’s collection via your Library and borrow a title. When prompted, sign in. You’ll need a valid library card to complete this step - be sure to select "All Users (Except CMC)".
Step 4 – Enjoy! Borrowed titles appear on your Shelf and download to the app automatically so you can read them when you’re offline. From your Shelf, you can:
- Tap Start Reading or Start Listening to open a title.
- Tap the cover image, then Send to Device to send a book to Kindle.
You can also:
- Sign in to multiple libraries, with one or more cards for each library.
- You can add in all your family’s library cards for easy OverDrive account management.
- Download books and audiobooks for offline reading, or stream them to save space.
- If you prefer reading on your Kindle, Libby can send your library books to it. (You may need to log in through your Amazon account)
- All your loans and holds are consolidated on a single shelf.
- Keep track of your reading history in the Activity tab.
- Positions, bookmarks, and notes are kept in sync across your devices.
- Sample any book with a tap—nothing to download or delete.
For help visit https://help.libbyapp.com/
Things to Know
- eBooks & audiobooks check out for 7 days, 14 days or 21 days (borrower’s choice).
- You can have 5 items checked out at one time.
- You can return a title early. You do not have to wait for it to expire.
- You can renew an item if no one is waiting for it.
- eBooks & audiobooks function the same as a physical item. The electronic license, for an item, can only be out to one device at a time. Because of this you may encounter wait lists for items.
- We recommend using the Libby App on all touchscreen devices.
- The Overdrive App is no longer supported by Overdrive. SCL recommends switching over to Libby if you have the Overdrive App.
- If you’re using a Kindle Fire, we recommend that you browse Overdrive through your web browser and then download your chosen title to your Kindle App.
- If you have a device that is not a touchscreen: go to the Overdrive website on your computer, download your chosen title, and then transfer the item over to your device.
Libby Action for Google Assistant
For those with a Google Home or Google Assistant on their devices, you can now try the Libby Action for the Google Assistant. Google offers this voice-activated service on over 1 billion devices, including:
- Android and Apple smart phones
- Android smart watches
- smart speakers
- Google Home
- smart TVs
- smart displays
Simply say Hey Google, talk to Libby to get started!
The Libby Action helps you discover and borrow books from your library’s digital collection with speech. You can ask the Libby Action to help search for a book, read a description, get a recommendation for the next read, borrow a title, and more.
For additional help and to learn more about Libby and how it works, go to help.libbyapp.com.