Have you been misisng Rosetta Stone? Not to worry, we are pleased to announce we now have a new free digital resource that we hope you will enjoy.
If you've been putting off language learning simply because of cost or time, you don't have to put it off any longer! Your Summit County Library Card gives you FREE access to Mango Language online software that allows you to learn on any device, anywhere you're connected.
Mango Languages is an online language learning system that teaches actual conversation skills.
Each lesson combines real-life situations and audio from native speakers with an easy-to-follow interface and simple, clear instructions.
Mango Languages offers 70 foreign language courses and 12 ESL courses, such as Spanish, Japanese, French, German, Italian, Greek, Russian, Mandarin Chinese and ESL for Polish speakers, ESL for Spanish speakers and ESL for Brazilian Portuguese speakers.
View a tutorial to learn more
You can now expand your foreign language skills for school, work, or fun with more than 70 language options!
- Grammar and culture notes
- Voice comparison
- Understood and literal meanings
- Pronunciation pop-ups
- Memory building exercises
2. Enter your Summit County Library Card Number starting with 420 (no spaces) and your password. (Don't remember your library account password? Click reset your password or call your local branch.)
2. To create an account, click on ‘Sign Up’. Enter a email and password for your Mango account so you can track your progress.
3. 4. If you already have an account, choose "Log In".
4. Pick a Language and start learning!
VIEWING LESSONS OFFLINE:
Lessons can only be viewed offline in the mobile app, which can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or the Android Google Play store.
1. First create a Mango account through our website link on www.summitcountylibraries.org
2. After logging into the app with your Mango email and password, pick a language.
2. On the course menu screen, tap a numbered circle with the download symbol on it to download a single lesson.
You can also download all of the lessons in a chapter at once by selecting the Download All option.
Here is a guide to understand all of the different lesson icons: